How to create a cosy master bedroom
Your master bedroom is your sanctuary and should reflect your personality with how it is created and furnished.
Creating a cosy master bedroom puts your own stamp on the room and can say a lot about who you are. It is somewhere to kick off those shoes and leave the day at work behind and having the right furniture, lighting and décor around you will help you relax and appreciate it.
Lists are a good way of jotting down ideas when planning to create anything, and a bedroom is no exception…
- Make a note of products you see and fall in love with like lamps to light the room, a bed to dream in and paints you like the look of.
- Drawn up a list of must haves like wardrobes and other storage including shelves and decide what sort suits the room best.
- Don’t fill the walls with shelves but go for box shelves which look good bare or with favourite trinkets in them.
- Wardrobes with mirrored fronts can give the room a larger feel and a wooden storage trunk at the end of the bed doubles as somewhere for bedding as well as a seat with some colourful scatter cushions.
- Draw out a plan of the room with dimensions and look at variations on where furniture will go.
Furniture – What do I need?
Your master bedroom is your retreat after a long day, somewhere you can laze in on a Sunday morning, where you can close the door and be in your personal place. The last thing you need is it full of clutter so storage space to suit you as well as the size of the room is essential. You’ll also want to make sure that you have the perfect bed for you, why not take a look at something like this white high gloss bed. You’ll want something that is comfy and stylish for your room.
You may choose a walk-in wardrobe to display your clothes, shoes, bags and accessories or maybe a space saving sliding door option will work well in your bedroom so things can be stored away with the effortless closing of a well-made wardrobe and door. Choose a bed you love, including a mattress you can be comfortable on by doing research and finding out all of the best mattresses like the Leesa or the casper mattress. You might go for a firmer one or a softer feel and finish its look with beautiful covers and pillow cases.
Decorating – What colours are best?
The choice of colour for a master bedroom is key to creating the right ambience and again can say a lot about who you are. Maybe you’re a nature lover and will chose the different shades of greens and blues to celebrate planet earth. Or you may go for bright, bold bursts or red, gold, orange and create a carnival feel.
You can choose one colour for all four walls of highlight one of them as a feature wall with a darker, contrasting colour. Of course you can always go for wallpaper, again as a feature wall or all over. Choose bold floral patterns to bring nature inside and pick out a colour you can paint woodwork with or other walls. Delicate candy stripes and contrasting borders, either around the middle of the room or up at ceiling height make for a light and airy feel. My friend was telling me how to really improve the atmosphere in here house. She reduced her energy bills and she is loving the amount she has saved with Simply Switch.